Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bad News...

Bad News....why is it that bad news seems to always be the catalyst of change?  Why cant I just be smart enough to do something on my own without having to wait for some bad news?

Well the bad news was I was testing positive to being arthritic.  Strangely, this affected me stronger than being told I had a cancerous tumor which could kill me if we didn't act quickly.

For some reason I knew the cancer thing would be OK, but this news just pissed me the hell off.  This was going to be with me for life.  A life of hunched over painful walking, nasty gnarled fingers and I am not even 40 yet! 

There has to be something that can reverse this!  A little while back an old friend of mine began posting on Facebook about going to a plant based diet and juicing.  I thought he was crazy.  Who would consciously decide to give up steak....ssssttttteeeeaaakkkkkkkkk  **mouth watering just typing the word*** the pink centered delicious tummy filling wonderfulness that is beef.  Give that up for what celery, cucumber, broccoli...F that!  oh and by the way, pass me the Worcestershire sauce please  =)

I spoke with him a little while later, about a month or so to see how it was going for him, and he told me he lost over 20 lbs in a couple weeks.  Holy Shit!  That's amazing.  not the 20 lbs but that he stuck with that shit diet for that long.  HAHAH just kidding!  20 F'in lbs in a couple weeks.  That is strong!  I bet I could do that.  wait, no I cant.  I have to give up STEAK, Chicken, Pork goddamn whats a guy to eat?  Tofu?  Bean dip?  Veggie Juice?  yes, yes and yes you fat ass!  You're a fatty for a reason and its time for change. 

So my friend says he wont talk to me about it unless I watch two movies.  Knives over Forks and Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.  all of them btw are on Netflix.

So I watch.

WOW!  what an eye opening life changer.  There is a bunch of scientific talk about enzymes, proteins and what not but dam it, it all made sense!

I learned something very important ... THE WAY I EAT IS KILLING ME!

Well, it is time to stop be a selfish asshole and time to start taking care of myself.

Oh Dear Lord, it aint gonna be easy but its gotta be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment